You can make your own dehydrated fruit roll ups at home with almost any fruit you have on hand. Berries, apricots, mango, dragonfruit, pear, papaya and kiwi are some of our favourite additions.
- Start by preheating the oven to 65 degrees.
- Using a Thermomix add 6 peeled, cored and roughly chopped apples, a banana, 1/2 juice of a lemon and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Depending on the fruit you are using you may need to add a sweetener of choice. I find plums to be quite tart so I add some coconut sugar when using them.
- Cook for 12 min / 100 degrees / speed 2.
- Purée on speed 9.
- If you have a baby starting solids you can reserve some of this mixture for their next meal… yum!
- Line a tray with baking paper, spread mixture evenly into a thin layer. The thinner it is, the shorter the dehydrating time although if you make it slightly thick then it will be a lovely soft chewy texture compared to a thinner crispy strap. The thickness in the video took around 4.5 hours to fully dehydrate.
Recipe by @mixwithanika. To watch click here.