If you are looking for kefir grains, you have just found something even better! This Kefir is maintenance free and makes 100 litres of Kefir. It is suitable for use with dairy milk, coconut milk or coconut water.
Kefir culture is the pure, freeze dried lactic bacteria and yeast that comes from kefir grains. It can be used to make kefir without worrying about keeping grains alive. Simply store the powder in a small jar in the freezer and make kefir whenever you are ready for a probiotic drink. Just add the culture powder to your milk, juice or sugar water and wait 12 to 24 hours to consume.
Forget all about having to feed your kefir grains regularly or having to treat them carefully if going on holidays, taking a break from kefir or just being too busy with our modern day lifestyle. Of course, if you prefer the old fashioned method of making kefir, you can use this kefir culture to make the grains! Just start the kefir following the directions and continue fermenting until the grains form (usually 1-2 weeks).
How Does It Work?
We call this culture ‘maintenance free‘ as you do no have to strain the kefir to recapture your grains, and you don’t have to continually make kefir ever day or two, just to keep the grains alive. Just add a small amount of culture into your milk, coconut water, juice, or water, keep warm and 24 hours later you will have a delightful kefir.
- Makes up to 100 Litres of Maintenance Free Kefir
- Suitable for dairy milk, coconut milk, water, and coconut water.
- Supplied with 2 free sterile jars for storage of the kefir culture.
- Maintenance free: no straining or recapturing grains necessary.
- Free from gluten, peanut, sesame, eggs, celery, mustard, fish or shellfish, sulphites, lupine, soy, and is GMO Free.
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. cremoris
- Lactococcus lactis spp. lactis biovar diacetylactis
- Lactobacilluys brevis
- Leuconostoc spp.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast)
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly freeze dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.